Antares User Forum
Leonhughes

64bit AU

Hi

I had the same problem. As long as the 32 bit AVOX EVO plugins were in my components folder, the new AU 64 bit plugins were not installed except Mic Mod EFX.

I tried then to install it with Pacifist (http://www.charlessoft.com/) and it worked fine. Now all plugins are visible in Logic X Pro.

May be this helps.

Regrads

Patrik

Solving my own problem here. I had to manually trash the old 32 bit versions from my Library folder and run the installer again to make it work. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

>I had to manually trash the old 32 bit versions from my Library folder and run the installer again to make it work.<

Buying it was easy enough. I found my old product code and they took my money, sent me the link to get my iLok codes, downloaded. 

Then the fun began. The installer pops up the familiar, cutesy warning:

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OWNERS OF PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF AVOX PLUG-INS

If you have authorized any of the previous versions of AVOX plug-ins (AVOX, AVOX 2 or AVOX Evo) on this computer and are just evaluating AVOX 4, use the Custom Install option to install only the new plug-ins you wish to try out.

(Otherwise, your authorized AVOX plug-ins will be overwritten by unauthorized AVOX 4 versions. Happiness will not ensue.)

This is a lie.

When only Mic Modeler installed properly, I did Get Info on the libraries and found that the installer did not overwrite the old versions. I might as well post the real installation procedure.

Go to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins. Open the Components, VST and VST 3 folders. Manually trash all the EVO components. Make sure you find Harmony Engine - if you ran the updater from 2011, it looks different and doesn't begin with EVO. 

Now run the AVOX 4 installer and the v.4 libraries will install.

This is a first year programming mistake. How come it hasn't been caught and fixed? We pay money for this?

There were problems with the iLok License Manager. I checked for updates, it reported none available. I then swapped out my old licenses and activated my new. Except that it didn't. None of my v.4 libraries authorized. 

Rebooting my Mac and the iLok License Manager, it announced there was an update for the License Manager that fixed... you guessed it. After the update, it swapped out the old licenses and activated the new ones correctly. Firing up DP, my AVOX 4 libraries authorized correctly. Finally!

Not sure if this is a continuation of this thread but I'm running into an issue with my iLok authorization for the 64 bit upgrade to Duo/Choir. Per suggestions here I've trashed the older versions of both AU plugins and am using the latest iLok manager software.

My iLok manager says that I am authorized to use both plug-ins, but when I go to insert them on a track (in Digital Performer 8.05), I get an error message saying that they are not authorized for my machine. It then displays the error message for a 2nd time and then crashes the program (DP8). I've tried doing fresh installs of Duo/Choir, and have left a tech support message regarding this issue, but have not heard from them yet.

Was hoping someone here might have experienced a similar issue and had a solution for it....

Thanks - JM