• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ajm

ajm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

I run pt 10.3.7. I just Purchased and intalled Mic mod EFX.

MIC MOD EFX shows up in my other plug-ins list but no dropmenus appear after inserted on a channel, just stays on default.

I can adjust the tube and input/output settings but that is it.

Any help here?

• DeroyGlox, Robertoen, CiaraRese and 18 others like this

#2 ajm

ajm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

If any PT10/PC folks are having trouble getting your newly installed Mic Mod EFX running right, like i did.....

Delete the MicModEFX.aaxplugin files. Mine were located in two places.

(Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins)

and (Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins)

I was able to get everything working after they were gone from both folders.

When getting the download, choose the PC RTAS version for Pro Tools 10.

It's the .aax version that I installed initially, which gave me trouble.

#3 Victor

Victor

• Administrators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi Ajm,

Thank you for sharing this. We will look into the issue you were having.

Thank You

#4 taarl

taarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

I am having the same issue as described above. The problem is that I am using a Windows 8 (64 bit PC) with Presonus Studio One 2.6 (64 bit). The plugin authorized with no issues, but when I load it, only "default" appears for the mic models. No models show up for either the source or modeled. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated. 

#5 Zarabozo

Zarabozo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

I had the same exact issue with the latest installer to date, on Windows 7 x64 and Pro Tools 10.3.7. I had to delete the AAX versions of the plugin and then it worked fine. So I guess only the RTAS version is working correctly, which is a sad situation.

#6 sxahern

sxahern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Ive just bought and installed Mic Mod EFX, and experienced the exact same behaviour with the 64-bit VST version.  However, the 32-bit VST version behaved correctly.  This is on Windows 7 64-bit.

Ive been able to fix it, though.  Im not entirely sure why the issue is occurring, but using the tool procmon.exe by Microsoft, I was able to track what the plugin was doing, and discovered that the microphone files should be located in

C:\ProgramData\Antares Models\

The 32-bit version finds and loads them from here without problems.  However, my host software is all installed to custom locations on a P: drive instead of the usual Windows C: drive defaults, and procmon.exe revealed that it was trying to load from

P:\ProgramData\Antares Models\

instead (ie the right folder path, but the wrong hard drive letter)

What I did to 'solve' it was to create the folder

P:\ProgramData\

and create a 'junction point' (windows name for a folder or file which redirects on-the-fly to another folder or file) between the 'right' location on the C: drive to an Antares Models directory inside this 'wrong' one on the P: drive.  I used a piece of software called Link Shell Extension to do this.

Now that the 'wrong' location gets redirected to the 'right' location, Mic Mod sees all the source and modelled mics in the 64-bit version.

Ive sent this as a bug report to Antares, because there's obviously something weird going on if the wrong ProgramData location is being used by the 64-bit version, but hopefully, this post will help people out in the meantime.

#7 Zarabozo

Zarabozo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Ive just bought and installed Mic Mod EFX, and experienced the exact same behaviour with the 64-bit VST version.  However, the 32-bit VST version behaved correctly.  This is on Windows 7 64-bit.

Ive been able to fix it, though.  Im not entirely sure why the issue is occurring, but using the tool procmon.exe by Microsoft, I was able to track what the plugin was doing, and discovered that the microphone files should be located in

C:\ProgramData\Antares Models\

The 32-bit version finds and loads them from here without problems.  However, my host software is all installed to custom locations on a P: drive instead of the usual Windows C: drive defaults, and procmon.exe revealed that it was trying to load from

P:\ProgramData\Antares Models\

instead (ie the right folder path, but the wrong hard drive letter)

What I did to 'solve' it was to create the folder

P:\ProgramData\

and create a 'junction point' (windows name for a folder or file which redirects on-the-fly to another folder or file) between the 'right' location on the C: drive to an Antares Models directory inside this 'wrong' one on the P: drive.  I used a piece of software called Link Shell Extension to do this.

Now that the 'wrong' location gets redirected to the 'right' location, Mic Mod sees all the source and modelled mics in the 64-bit version.

Ive sent this as a bug report to Antares, because there's obviously something weird going on if the wrong ProgramData location is being used by the 64-bit version, but hopefully, this post will help people out in the meantime.

Thank you sxahern,

I used procmon too and in my case I found out it's indeed trying to read the models from D:\ProgramData instead of C:\ProgramData, which is wierd for me because I don't have the OS or Pro Tools installed on that drive. I made a symlink with mklink -d "D:\ProgramData" "C:\ProgramData" and it solved the problem for the moment.

Francisco

#8 Zarabozo

Zarabozo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

I just found out the problem comes from where you have the installer located in at installation time. When I had it in my drive D (which is my default drive for downloads), MIC MOD was trying to read from D:\ProgramData. I uninstalled MIC MOD, restarted, copied the installer to C:\ and ran it from there. After the post install reboot, MIC MOD was working fine and reading from C:\ProgramData.

Sorry for my french, but I just want to say I truly believe the guys from Antares are a bunch of assholes. It's unacceptable that this post was opened almost 50 days ago and no one from them has bothered to put an answer here and they haven't released any update to fix something this simple. Instead, we, the users, have to manage and debug the problem.

This was my first purchase and I'll never buy anything else from Antares again.

Francisco

#9 David Langdale

David Langdale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

re: Win 7, 64 bit, PT 11, AAX

I made a copy of Antares Models from the programdata folder and pasted it into my Program Files folder. The microphone model information now appears in the drop down menus .

Just a note, Antares Models folder currently exits in the Program Files (x86) folder as well. Not an issue for me. Back to making music.

Safe travels to all,

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users