Ive just bought and installed Mic Mod EFX, and experienced the exact same behaviour with the 64-bit VST version. However, the 32-bit VST version behaved correctly. This is on Windows 7 64-bit.
Ive been able to fix it, though. Im not entirely sure why the issue is occurring, but using the tool procmon.exe by Microsoft, I was able to track what the plugin was doing, and discovered that the microphone files should be located in
The 32-bit version finds and loads them from here without problems. However, my host software is all installed to custom locations on a P: drive instead of the usual Windows C: drive defaults, and procmon.exe revealed that it was trying to load from
instead (ie the right folder path, but the wrong hard drive letter)
What I did to 'solve' it was to create the folder
and create a 'junction point' (windows name for a folder or file which redirects on-the-fly to another folder or file) between the 'right' location on the C: drive to an Antares Models directory inside this 'wrong' one on the P: drive. I used a piece of software called Link Shell Extension to do this.
Now that the 'wrong' location gets redirected to the 'right' location, Mic Mod sees all the source and modelled mics in the 64-bit version.
Ive sent this as a bug report to Antares, because there's obviously something weird going on if the wrong ProgramData location is being used by the 64-bit version, but hopefully, this post will help people out in the meantime.